The Institute has changed its application system as of November 2020. All applicants need to create a new account to use this system even if they have applied through Kellogg in the past.
You can login with your Notre Dame credentials by clicking on Login with Google
A complete application consists of the following:
• A research prospectus that does not exceed 15 double-spaced pages, including a summary of bibliographical references, clearly stating how the proposal fits into the priorities of the Institute. Proposals that exceed the page limit may be downgraded.
• A plan of work and timeline for the fellowship period
• A letter from the Director of Graduate Studies (DGS) confirming successful completion of all predissertation requirements. Recipients of the Dissertation Year Fellowship must have departmental approval of the dissertation prospectus. Applicants who have not completed their predissertation requirements by the deadline may still apply for funding. However, if these students are awarded funding, they must complete predissertation requirements by the first day of exams of the semester when they apply. Students awarded the Dissertation Year Fellowship but who do not have the above-mentioned letter from the DGS on file with the Institute by the final day of exams, will not receive funding.
• A curriculum vitae, including education, awards, professional experience, and publications.
• The name and email address for three faculty recommenders - one from the principal dissertation advisor and two from other faculty members, preferably including an applicant's graduate professor. At least one of the letters must come from a Kellogg faculty fellow. Your recommenders will be sent an email with the link to upload their recommendation letter to our online system. Deadline for recommendation letters is Thursday, March 31.
• An official Notre Dame transcript (e-transcripts will be accepted).